duty calls...

13 August 2007

Well, I must admit that I am not a huge fan of these days that are stuck right in the middle of our weeks. What days, you might ask yourself (a good question!) -- Ben's duty days! Every 6 days he has to go and stay on the ship overnight! And for whatever reason, these days seem to go soooooo slow! Maybe it's because I know he isn't coming home for dinner, or at all that night, that it just seems to drag on til it finally becomes a reasonable time that I can go to bed! haha. BUT - I really have no right to complain, because at least he is home for 6 out of 7 nights a week... right? =)

I have been trying to keep myself busy by doing various craft projects until school starts back up in a couple of weeks.... (right now I am all lined up to be a substitute at the elementary and high schools on base). I took a watercolor painting class while Ben was out at sea for 2 months, and I really enjoyed it! I posted some pictures of my paintings on our alumni website, and one of the girls on there that I don't actually know in person, but have chatted with via the internet, asked me to paint her a set of sunflower notecards! So she sent me the supplies, and I have been working on those for the past week or so! Here is a picture of one of them for an example. =)

Other than that, I busy myself with laundry, and cooking, and cleaning. (and playing our wii! It's so fun!! haha.) It's been fun to be a stay-at-home wife for a while, being able to take care of Ben and the house, but I am looking forward to getting into the school a few days a week to work with kids, too. There is something so refreshing about being around a bunch of kids... their innocence, and way to see right through you, and accept you just the way you are. I love it! Hopefully when we get back from California I will be able to dive right in!

Well, just wanted to update on whats been going on in my days, while Ben is off painting and being stuck on the ship all day! =P I gotta say, I am just so glad to have Ben home again. It is wonderful having my best friend around to talk to and laugh with.... and I love learning new things about him, and how he thinks. Marriage is such a neat experience - unlike anything else I have ever done! It definitely has its challenges, but the rewards are so great! =) Hope you all are well and wrapping up your summer days in fun ways! Love from Japan!

3 comments:

Reagan said...

I can't imagine being away from Jere for so long and random days! I admire your bravery :)

The Essons said...

Beautiful postcards Kristi! You are so talented :0)

Good for you keeping the days busy. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

God Bless you guys!

Jessie said...

WE love you guys, and are so glad that you joined the blogger club!
See you in Japan! - Joe & Jessie