July!

02 July 2009

A new month when Ben is away means it's just a little closer to when he's coming home. :) That's always encouraging to this girl who's here anxiously waiting for him. :)
It's been raining NON-STOP all week. Today was the first break, and it was a welcome one! Because it's been so dreary, I haven't really done too much this week...
Except of course make a few more cards, and today I painted a sign to use in my classroom this coming August. Here, take a look:

I am still trying out that card book and playing around with different layouts:
card layout #3

card layout #4

card layout #4

And here's the sign. Let me preface it by saying I am definitely not the world's best painter! At all! And I wasn't the happiest with how the "welcome to" turned out, but I think it will still work. :)
new sign

So that's all the news here.
Ben's been able to relax a little this week, which is a blessing! He works so hard. We are planning a little vacation this fall too, which we are super excited about! We haven't really taken one since our honeymoon, so it will be wonderful. :D

Let me leave you with these words for today...
Very familiar verses, but ones that hit home especially as we are trying to figure out our future, and what to do next. It's such a comfort. I read it today in the Message, and thought I would share it with you, too.
Proverbs 3:5-6
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart;
don't try to figure out everything on your own.
Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go;
He's the one who will keep you on track."

4 comments:

Cristina said...

Great cards and great sign! I'm happy for you that it's July!

Me... said...

I love the blue one :)

Grant and Jodie said...

i love the sign..your handwriting is amazing!

Charity said...

I love the sign! Did you decide to go with the ladybug theme for your classroom? I think you are a great painter. The cards are amazing too.
So glad to hear that you plan to go on a little vacation with Benny too :-)